The ISTH honored five individuals with the Esteemed Career Award at the ISTH 2019 Congress Opening Ceremony. These awards are presented annually to individuals whose career contributions have significantly advanced the scientific community’s understanding of diseases and disorders that affect hemostasis. Their accomplishments are internationally regarded as exemplary models of research and mentoring excellence.
Congratulations to the 2019 awardees are below:
- Martine Jandrot-Perrus, M.D. (Paris, France)
- Alan Michelson, M.D. (Boston, USA)
- Klaus Preissner, Ph.D. (Giessen, Germany)
- Changgeng Ruan, M.D., Ph.D. (Suzhou, China)
- Hartmut Weiler, Ph.D. (Milwaukee, USA)